Sunday, November 14, 2004

3 Months Until...

It's November 14th 2004
In 3 months I'll be 30 years OLD!!
Yes...in 3 months it will be February 14.
How I dread that day!
The worst part is that it's also Valentines Day.

There's no way someone who's having a birthday can ever feel that its just "their day".
I could be one of the thousands having a birthday on a March 1st, just an ordinary day, and still feel that its "my day".
But when your birthday falls on VALENTINES DAY...you not only share it with other birthday celebrants...you share it with everyone else celebrating (or not celebrating) the holiday.

People getting better flowers.
People getting better gifts.
People eating at better restauants.

If anyone gets me another "Happy Birthday Valentine" card .... its going down in flames.
I dont know if any other people born on this day feel this way.
Maybe people born on Christmas might.
But its not the same.

The holiday really isnt whats bugging me.
Its the fact that I'm turning 30 and haven't accomplish much of what I wanted by the time I got to this age.
I have this list of "Life Goals" I wrote out in 1998 which I hope I would accomplish most of them by the time I reached 30 ... I feel somewhat disappointed..Here are a few things:
  • Learn these Languages: Spanish / Italian / French / Japanese = I cant even speak Tagalog fluently...how am I suppose to master those languages.
  • Learn American Sign Language = See above
  • Watch Summer / Winter Olympics in Host Country = This would have required me to spend several hundreds of dollars ...which I didnt have.
  • Learn to swim = Don't even think of writing a comment about me living on an island.
  • Learn to play a guitar and a cello = I would have to had access to those instruments.
  • Travel around Europe & See all 50 states = "No Tengo Dinero" (still not fluent in Spanish)
  • Read entire works of Shakespeare. = Okay...this is something I could accomplish in 3 months...thanks to the Public Library.

Those are just a few things...other goals were career oriented. I'm supposed to be a staff writer for some hit TV Show. I'm supposed to be driving a VW Cabrio (dont ask...I loved the movie "Cant Buy Me Love"). I want an Emmy / Academy / Grammy. But that goal wasnt necessary for me to accomplish by the time I was 30. I think what I'm happy about is that I accomplish my goal of getting my Masters in TV Production. But am I doing anything Production related?!?! Nope..and that depresses me!!

I'm dreading the next couple of weeks/months. It's just going to go by soo fast!!

I"m going to be 30!!




No comments: