Thursday, November 04, 2004

Happy Birthday ... Dad

Today would have been my dads 66th birthday.
He died five years ago.
I remember that the last time I taked to him was fathers day of that year.
I dont even remember what we talked about.
"Happy Fathers Day Dad"...I'm sure I said that.

I remember my dad building a swing for us.
I remember my dad building my study desk.
I remember my dad bringing home a puppy that I named "Brownie".
I remember my dad cooking Kare Kare.
I remember my dad telling me I need to learn to cook (for my husband).
I remember my dad saying "dont but your fingers in your mouth because its dirty"
I remember my dad having a RED truck / then a WHITE truck from work / then a BLUE one my mom bought for him.

I remember my dad asking me to type out his resume.
I recall that he was in some kind of "production company" with my uncle.
Maybe I got this need for wanting to be in TV/FILM from my dad.

He liked performing too.
There was this party where he dressed up as Elvis and lip synched "All Shook Up".
He alwayed liked singing "My Way" with the Karaoke player.

I remember hugging him before I left Guam to move to California.
He didnt come to the airport, so we just said our "goodbyes" at home.
I dont remember the exact words he said to me.
Something about "be happy, do a good job".

I miss you dad. I'm somewhat happy. I think I'm doing a good job.
I wish I could cook as good as you.

Happy Birthday.


No comments: