Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Security Device

I finally received my "free" DVDs from Columbia House.
"Free" meaning I purchased it with my "Fun Cash" that accumulated
buying other DVDs from the Club. I decided to have it shipped to
my work address...so I didnt have to worry about my neighbors getting
a "free" gift this year.

Well, after work I went to the mall to do some after Christmas shopping.
Just as I stepped into Macys ... the alarm went off .. kind of like "DOOT DOOT" .
I realized it must have been the DVDs ... but no security came to haul me away so
I kept walking. Found nothing, so I decided to leave ... once again the familar
"DOOT DOOT" sound went off ... and a sales woman asked me to check my
purse. I guess she saw the box and let me go.

Got home and opened up the package. There was the tape with SECURITY DEVICE
noted. My question is this: Why does Columbia House have to package their DVDs
that they're sending out to peoples home with security devices?? I guess all DVDs are
just packaged like this.

Note to self: Open up package and remove security device before heading out to
shopping mall. Or ... just leave package at home.

No comments: