Sunday, January 02, 2005

First Sunday of the Year

I missed Sunday mass today. There goes one of my resolutions for the new year.
I dont know how many times I didnt go to mass in 2004...I feel bad enough about
not going on Christmas.

I pray alot though. I pray that my friends and family will be healthy and safe. I
pray for my own health and safety. I pray that I will have a career writing in TV
soon. I pray for the people affected by the Tsunami. I pray for alot of other things.

If I could only get up earlier in the morning and I could go to a 7:00 or 8:30 mass.
The weather isnt helping either. I think I spend more time walking and waiting for
the bus than going to mass. Thats really sad. I pray that I can get a car soon.

I had to walk across a flooded street tonight. Thank goodness I didnt bring that gallon
of water with me. I also need a bigger umbrella. I need new gloves too. Maybe a new
scarf as well. I pray that it will stop raining soon.

Someone came up to me at work today and said that they've seen me here the whole
week...and asked if I had a day off...I told them that I work SEVEN days. She said
that I should get some rest...too much work isnt good for me.

I dont know why I've been working so much lately...well I guess I do need the money.
I have to save up some money for a plane ticket to the Philippines. I think I saved
enough. Going to the family reunion would be fun ... I guess I should take two
weeks off. This would actually be the first vacation I've had since I started working
two years ago.

I miss my mom too. I wish I called her more often. She always asks what I've eaten
or if I've gone to church. If I've skipped a meal ... or told her I didnt go to church..
she'll be somewhat diappointed and tell me to at least pray or do the rosary. Which
I do ... and she tells me to take vitamins .. which I do. She tell me that when I fly
back to the Phillippines I'm going t have the best time ever and I could eat as much
as I want. I really do miss Filipino food.

I'm just glad I dont have to eat Ramen in a daily basis like my first year on my own.
Now I find myself cooking Chicken Adobo alot, sometimes scrambled eggs
(and Bacon , and Polska), ordering Pizza, or Chinese food. There's always McDonalds.
Right now Im munching on popcorn. I pray that one day I have a really nice kitchen...
l ike the ones you see on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Sunday night is one of my favorite nights for watching TV. There's Extreme Makeover and
Desperate Housewives. That would be a wonderful show to write for.

Night is what I wait for on Sunday mornings.

Sunday morning rain is falling
steal some cover share some skin
clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
you twist to fit the mold that I am in
but things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
and i would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
that someday it would lead me back to you
-- Maroon 5





No comments: