Saturday, May 14, 2005

30 for 3 Months

Okay. So I've been 30 years old for about 3 months now.
Not too bad. Lately I've been making lists of books to read,
movies to watch, CDs to listen to. I'm just trying to find
things to do ... just to make me feel that my life isnt "nothing".

I'm trying to clean out my closet .. old clothes. Even though I
know that I wont be shopping any time soon to replace whatever
I have. I feel like i should have a more "grown up" wardrobe.
I want to have the collection from a J Crew or Banana Republic
catelog.

I need more shoes too. This is my current inventory:
2 boots
2 sneakers
3 dress shoes
1 sandal
Just how sad is that!!

As sad as being 30 .. and not having the career I've wanted for as long as I
remember?? I try to tell myself that 30 is the new 20 .. and that I should be
happy ... but thats a lie .. 30 is 30 ... and I'm not in a place where I want to be
in life.

I dont want to have a closet that is smaller than a bathroom stall at
work. I want shoes that are less than two years old. I want variety
too.

People still seem suprised that I'm 30. And they just base this on my
looks. Petite and baby faced ... I guess I should be lucky that I dont have
to run out and buy all those products featured on some infomercials.
I wonder at what age do I start worrying about that.

I will get over this .. right?

No comments: