Saturday, May 07, 2005

Road Trip to Tracy (5.06.05)

My niece/god daughter Jasmine just turned 12 (May 5th) and now she's having a birthday party on Saturday (May 7th). Since I'm off from work on Saturday, my niece Apple (Jasmine's sister) and my sister Weng decided to go and surprise the family and go to the party. ROAD TRIP. Apple decided to leave Friday night instead of leaving Saturday morning. Here's a recap of the adventure.

8:30pm - Leave Toluca Lake
* My sister took the 134 to the 5N ... little did she know that there was a 5N off Lankershim *

10:30pm- Stop for Starbucks and McDonalds / restroom break
* Tall Cafe Mocha and Meiji .... yummm . It took forever for Apple to get her McChicken Sandwich. The guy at the drive through window looked at us and said "pretty girls". There was a really nice restroom in this "Travel Center" *

11:00pm -Back on the road
* Apple is now the driver. The Cafe Mocha obviously wasn't working for me ... I couldn't keep my eyes open ... but I was awake ... listening to some jams *

12:00am- Restroom break
* We went to refuel ... this guy driving a red "old school" Porsche had thought an "Island" was a speed bump ... scratch ... haha ... the bathroom wasn't as nice as the first one. *

12:15am - Back on the road
* Listening to some Lucy Pearl *

1:00am - Restroom Break
* Weng and Apple needed to go #1 ... I stayed in the car ... was watching the line of customers in the convenience store ... and some guy was scratching his ass *

1:10am - Back on the road
* Listening to some Missy Elliott *

1:45am- Arrive at Tracy
* The family still didn't know we were coming over. When Weng texted Ate and Rochelle to open the door they didn't believe her ... we got out of the car ... and they heard the doors open. Then they opened the front door. SURPRISE !! *

No comments: