Saturday, July 23, 2005

Laundry Lady

I did one load of laundry today ... almost didnt cuz
one of my neighbors was doing several loads. I was
lucky enough to get a washer before her. She asked
me if I was going to use the washer next to mine and
I said was only going to use one.

I came back 5 minutes before the washer was done
and I saw that one dryer was already being used.
There are two laundry rooms in my apt complex and
each room has two washers and two dryers. HerS was
was going to end the same time as mine .. BUT SHE
ALREADY HAD ANOTHER LOAD IN THE DRYER!

Well .. I sorta claimed the unused dryer by standing
right next to it and holding on to my Bounce softner.
A minute later she comes in and looks disappointed.

********************************************************
Neighbor: Are you going to use the dryer?

Roz: Yes .. just for one load.

Neighbor: Oh .. okay.

Roz: Sorry
*********************************************************

Well, the time was 5:40 when I started the dryer ... I go back
to my apartment and watch TV. At 6:30 I hear a knock on my
door. Its that same woman and she said that my dryer was done.
I was thinking to myself that I couldnt have miscalculated the
time. Anyways ... I go to the laudry room and find out that there
is about 6 MORE MINUTES LEFT until the dry cycle ends!!
My neighbor is there too bringing another load to put in the
dryer that I'm using.

**********************************************************

Neighbor: Can I put my quarter?

Roz: Oh, but the dryer isnt done yet.

Neighbor: Oh, Im sure your clothes are dry. I've checked mine
before after 45minute and its dry. So yours must be dry too.

Roz: Oh really?!?

Neighbor: Can I put my quarter? I could save money if I put
my quarter now. My clothes will dry fast and I could use more
loads. I saved $2.00 before.

Roz: Really?!? Okay.
***********************************************************

So five minutes before the dryer ends I remove my clothes.
And yeah ... they were dry ... but HONESTLY ... SHE WANTED
TO USE MY 5 MINUTES FOR HER LAUNDRY .. JUST SO SHE
COULD SAVE MONEY!!

No comments: