Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Visit to Buena Park

My sister calls me at work today to say that they cant come
over to visit and have dinner ... she said that I should take
the AMTRAK to Buena Park and we'll go have dinner at
Max's restaurant.

Well since they are treating dinner ... I decided to just go ...
the fare would be equal to the money I would be spending for
my dinner. Before I head out of work to get the bus I tease my
co-worker Ani that I'll be munching of some Peanut M&Ms ...
my regular chocolate fix for all my AMTRAK trips. She's another
chocoholic and is somewhat "upset" that she doesnt have
any on her.

Well...I catch the 3:15 bus to the Redline station ... the bus i
s going by fast and we should be able to get there before 3:30 ... which means I could get a train and get to Union Station by 4:0o ...
and take the 4:05 AMTRAK to Fullerton.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!

The bus gets to the REDLINE station around 3:25 .... BUT NO
TRAINS COME BY!! It's already 3:45 so I just want to get to Union Station ... I already know that I have to take the 5:05 AMTRAK.
Anyways ... a little after 3:45 a train comes .... and Im finally relieved ... HOWEVER ... after three stops ... the conductor
announces that it will be his last stop ...THERE SEEMS TO BE TWO OTHER STOPS THAT SECURITY CLOSED OFF BECAUSE OF A SUSPICOUS ITEM.

Anyways ... we get off the stop ... then we have to take a shuttle bus to another Redline stop that isnt closed off ... and take the train there to Union Station.

I arrive at Union Station at 5:00!!
Buy my ticket...then go over to the vending machine to get my M&Ms.
A thought came up ... with my luck ... this machine would eat my money.
That didnt happen ... however ... when I selected the candy ... as that thingy twisted to dispense the M&M packet ... the candy was STUCK!! I thought well ... if I put an additional 80 cents .. I'll get two candies ... THAT DIDNT HAPPEN!! Just one fell .. and the other was stuck.

FCUK ... Ani probably cursed me!

Anyways ... I got in the AMTRAK ... made it to Fullerton at 5:40 .. and I had a great dinner!

No comments: