Friday, June 09, 2006

A Visit To The Dentist

Note To Roz:

1. Brush 3 Times A Day
2. Floss Daily
3. Rinse with Listerine Twice A Day
4. Consume "sweets" at a minimum

Had I followed this regimen ... the results I had
today for my dental exam ... would have been
more positive.

I apparently have a "mild" case of periodontal
disease. I have about 6 "bad" teeth that needs
"deep gum treatments" ... and I need to have
"Arestin Therapy" ... so my chocolate cravings
and flossing lazyness is going to cost me:

UL = $105
LL = $105
LR = $105
UR = $105

upper / lower / left / right

6 x 85 (Arestin) = $510

Oh ... and guess what ... so I tell the dentist that
I sometimes get "lock jaw" while eating and just
when I get up from bed ... and yawing .. he feels
my jaw while I open and close my mouth .. and
tells me ... I GRIND MY TEETH AT NIGHT!!
This is what suprised me the most at this visit!!
I apparently need a Night Guard .. which the
dental assistant says is going to cost $350!!

OMG .... and I thought I was just going to
need some cleaning / flouride treatment
for Tarter ... etc!

No comments: