Monday, January 08, 2007

Life Is Ours To Be Spent, Not To Be Saved

DH Lawrence said it best ~

So I've been told I work to much. I don't know anymore
if I'm working to live ... or living to work. Which one is
better than the other one anyways?? I alway get confused
with these two things.

The last two years I've been trying to log every expense
I make. I didnt shop as much as I would have liked. It
just seemed like I was saving income from work, and
not enjoying spending it on something special for myself.

I'm working to have something in my savings ... for ... hmm?!
I don't know. Sometims when I spend money on movies, or
a DVD, or even for a cookie from Mrs. Fields or coffee from
Starbucks I feel really good. Like work was worth it. And
when I check how much money I've "saved" from work, I
wonder .. okay .. now what.

I know its good to have some savings ... and one day, I'm
going to use it and spend like crazy. So, now I wonder:

Is it better to spend in one big bulk?
OR
Is it better to spend in small portions?

***************************************
One starts an action simply because one
must do something.
~ T.S. Eliot


No comments: