Saturday, March 10, 2007

Free-Re-Wash

I've just had my whites Re-Washed!

I really hate doing laundry in my apartment complex.
24 apartments ~ 2 washers & 2 dryers ~ I think I've
blogged about this before.

My whites were done but I was just waiting for a
dryer to be "vacated" ~ this persons load was done
for about 5 minutes ... I decided to wait for another
5 minutes ... went to my apartment ... came back ..
and the washer my clothes were in was running!!

At first I thought ... OMG ... where are my clothes!!
So I opened up the washer ... and it was in there!!
Someone put $1 in and started a wash ... with my
clothes still in there!! So a Free - Re - Wash!!

I'm pissed though ... my basket was on top of the
machine ... and I had a fabric softner ... which is
now missing!!!

I had to wait ANOTHER half hour to put it in
the dryer ... and ... that dryer still wasn't vacated.
But thank goodness the second dryer was free.

1 comment:

Daniel Bruckner said...

I love battling for laundry room supremacy!!!! My wife, she shares your viewpoint. We have similar odds, 20 units, 2 washers (and a couple of armenian families who can't afford to live here so they have about three generations in each apartment. I like them, it just raises the stakes a little). So I can relate to the frustartion of waiting for someone to get their crap out of the dryer. I'll give them fifteen minute leeway during the day, 25 at night. I've had people pull my clothes out, but I've never had them start the washer again!!!! Did they pay to do this??? And they stole your fabric softener? Holy crap, this isn't just a nusiance, this is a misdemenor. Roz, you are too nice. When it comes to your clothes, you really can't let people bully you around. I understand, you don't want to be difficult. You don't want to seem rude. But when it comes to the well-being of your clothes, you really have to have your clothes best interests in mind and not someone elses.

On another note, they ripped out my heart!!! I, too, sat down to watch the Knights only to hear that bullshit abc announcement that we were about to be 'treated' with a 'special' hour of jim. THis was the first time I was ever going to watch it on live broadcast. I had finally convinced my wife to watch after forcing her to view the Ripa/Raymond episode. And then they pulled the fucking plug. I'm a broken man.