Monday, January 03, 2011

Train Ride To Buena Park

Since tomorrow is a day off for me, I decided to take the Metrolink from Union Station to Buena Park.

I'm always paranoid that I'll take the wrong train. Today, about 10 minutes before the train was to leave, the conductor announed that we will leave in 10 minutes and started to list the destinations.

About three people realized they were on the wrong train.

I had placed my bag on the chair next to me and saw people passing by looking for seats. Since it might be a full train, I decided to move my bag and place it on the ground.

I should have done that earlier!!

Some weird guy asked me if he could sit next to me. I said yes. He apologized that he strongly smelled of cigarettes. I said it was alright. When the train started to move, I started to text my brother that I was on my way. Weird guy told me that he had lost his cell phone and asked if he could borrow mine. I said it was prepaid and was only for texting. Then he asked the person on another row if he can borrow his. That person made him borrow his cell phone...which was a bad decision:

1. His phone conversation lasted almost 10 minutes
2. He told the person he was talking to that the sheriff had his phone
3. He didn't know where he was staying for the night

Anyways, weird guy gave back the cell phone. Then started to talk to me. I just kept smiling, giving short answers. He then tells me that he'll just find another seat (YAY) since he was a "talker"!!

He asked the Cell guy if he could borrow his phone again. Cell guy asked him if he'll make it a short conversation. Weird guy decided he didn't need the cell phone anymore.

Then he walked away.

No comments: