Monday, April 15, 2013

Praying For Boston !!

I got up late this morning.

Didn't turn on the TV ... just  took a shower ... had breakfast ... rode the Redline subway to Downtown Los Angeles.

I went to the Central Library and did my regular "just looking" in the library store. 

I remembered I had to greet someone for her birthday ... when I went online ... I saw the news.

Boston Marathon Bombings

It brought me back to the day of  9/11  ... another person was celebrating a birthday that day.  I was in Boston that day.  I was there for Grad School.  I got up early that morning.  Didn't turn on the TV ... just took a shower .. had breakfast ... rode the Greenline subway to Boston University.

I went in the College of Communication lobby ... saw the monitors displaying the first tower with smoke coming out of it.  Every class I had that day ... my classmates and I were full of sadness and anger.

When I got back home that afternoon ... I met up with my roommates.  We cried and were numb with grief.  We decided we still had to go out for dinner for "S" birthday.  That night we had dinner at the North End ... ate Cannoli for dessert.   That dinner brought a sense of calm from the tragedy that happened in the morning.
It's been many years since I left, but I will always remember the wonderful time I spent there.  I love how I can tell people that I went to Grad School in Boston.  Its a beautiful place ... in some ways I wish I stayed there.  In some ways I wish I could go back.

Today ... one of the girls that I had dinner with on that 9/11 day is celebrating her birthday.  She still lives in New England.  I wish I could be there eating some cake ... and maybe a Cannoli. 

I miss you Boston.

No comments: