Sunday, June 09, 2013

Old Friends

There are days that I hate finding out new information about old friends.

Just this past week I found out that one person just had a baby, another person got married for the SECOND time, and another person got divorced for the SECOND time.  Someone had just bought their first home ... someone just sold their current home to fly back to their hometown.

These old friends are people that I've met during the past 10 years of my life.

Soo much has happened to them and I feel that nothing has really happened in my life.  The most exciting thing for me was the Europe trip.

I've just come home from church with a smile on my face ... the priest had just told us a story of a woman who started as poor and had a small home salon ... and after many years became very successful ... finally was able to open a salon in Beverly Hills (i don't know how true this story is).  She had ordered flowers for the grand opening ... when it was delivered ... she was upset that she received the wrong delivery ... it was intended for a funeral ... "With Deepest Sympathy" ... she called the florist and was very upset.  The florist basically told the woman to just accept that she got the wrong delivery. She should be happy that she is a success, that she has her new shop, and that she has all of the clients she has for a successful business.  The florist also said that she should be happy ... somewhere in a funeral... her flowers with her original message .... will be displayed for all to see.

"Best Wishes On Your New Location"

HA !!  Well ... here's hoping that person went to heaven.

Now ... back to those old friends.

I need some kind of change in my life.  I'm not talking about getting married, or divorce, or having a baby.  I can't afford buying a new home (no where near that financially).

I want to move.  Not just move out of this studio apartment.  Maybe away from California.  Maybe to Europe.  Maybe just quit my job and travel.

These old friends ... and their stories ... happy and sad .... big life changes ... I need that.

No comments: