Wednesday, September 03, 2008

MOVIE WEDNESDAY: Vicky.Cristina.Barcelona

Vicky.Cristina.Barcelona

I was planning on watching HAMLET 2 today, but because
I had plans later on, had to catch a earlier movie. The
only one available at 4:00pm was VICKY, CRISTINA, BARCELONA.

I love Woody Allen films, so I didn't mind going to
see this movie, and HAMLET 2 next week.

I thought this movie was alright. I liked MATCH POINT much
better. Woody Allen must really like Scarlett Johansson to
put her in this movie too.

I thought that it's kinda strange that Rebecca Hall (Vicky)
isn't even in the movie poster ... but Penelope Cruz is.
Maybe its because she wasn't par of the "threesome" ~

Overall, if you're a Woody Allen fan, go out and see
this movie. If not, it is still worth a DVD rental.

1 comment:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Woody continues to recycle the same themes, minus the philosophical depth found in his earlier work. P. Cruz gave a great performance, Bardem magnetism is hard to deny, but this film is tired and empty. How awful was that voiceover??