Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MOVIE WEDNESDAY: The Reader

Kate Winslet deserved the Golden Globe
for Best Supporting Actress ~

I didnt plan on watching this movie until
she won two categories. I went into this
movie not really knowing what it was about,
and had no idea what significance the title
had.

The first half hour consisted of alot of
nudity and sex ~ after that passed, it was
nice to watch MICHEAL read to HANNA, and
the scene where Kate Winselt is crying
when he was reading the end of a book ALMOST
made me cry too.

**** SPOILER ALERT *****
I was disappointed when Michael didnt say
anything about Hanna during the trial for
the Nazi war crimes. I wanted him to yell
"she didnt do it!! She can't read or write!!"
Overall ~ i'm really glad i went to this
movie. I actually preferred it to RR.

And I cried ... during the end ... when
Michael started to send the tapes of him
reading the books ... the look on Hanna's
face ... SHE DESERVED THE GLOBES!

The Reader

No comments: