Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LOCO CHICKEN .... LOCO PEOPLE

El Pollo Loco

Today was El Pollo Loco's turn for free
grilled chicken. Instead of just one piece,
customers were given a leg & thigh and some
tortillas.

I had a feeling the line might be long,
especially for everyone getting out of
work. But free chicken, is free chicken.

I got on the bus at 6:25pm, reached EPL
at 6:30, where there was already a line
forming outside. I've never been to that
location so I didnt know just how big the
line inside will be. Around 6:45 I finally
got inside, 6:50 got to the front counter.
They were asking people for any extra order,
I just wanted the "free chicken", then the
guy asked for my name ... hmmm ....

next to the "order" line was the "pickup"
line where one of the employees was calling
out names...I didn't really want to give out
my name and was thinking of giving "Anastasia"
(if you watch Will & Grace, you'll know why im
chuckling) ... i couldn't make myself do it ...

so i gave "Lyn"....i got my receipt...and it
read LIN ... oh well ... shorter than Anastasia!!

LIN was finally called out and I got my
chicken...at 7pm...FINALLY ABLE TO LEAVE
THE PACKED PLACE ... AND THE LINE STILL
LONG OUTSIDE.

Anyways...I really don't know who "won" in
this competition. I'm still going to order
the original recipie at KFC. If this only
wasn't a competition and just a nice gesture
from both companies.

No comments: