Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Karate Kid (2010)

Karate Kid

I was debating whether or not to watch this movie since I really liked the original one with Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita, and did not want to be disappointed with a remake.

I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it alot.

Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan had great chemistry with each other. I
didn't really like the whole training with a jacket though ~ I much preferred it when Daniel was painting and waxing for Mr. Miyagi.

There was a scene where I was waiting for a "wax on, wax off" comment...but it never happened.

But everything else about the movie was enjoyable. I felt the fear in Jaden Smith's character Dre ~ and really enjoyed his transformation to the Karate Kid.

I'm sure I'll buy the DVD for this movie as well as the original one.

No comments: