Monday, June 17, 2013

Before Midnight ... finally

Jesse misses his plane.

I loved the ending of Before Sunset.  Celine dancing to Nina Simone, telling Jesse he was going to miss his plane.. The look in his eyes when he says "I know" ... I knew that they were going to end up together.  Now nine years later ... they are still together.

Spoilers Alert.

Part of me wishes that they didn't argue soo much.  Part of me wishes they didn't have to be discussing if someone did this or that with another person.  Part of me wishes there wasn't nudity involved.   Part of me wishes that Ethan Hawke had kept his shirt tucked out, rather than half in/half out.

They talk alot.  Argue alot.  They talk about Jesse's son Hank.  They talk about Jesse's Ex-Wife.  They talk about about their twins.  They talk about their careers.

The last scene is what got me.  I adore these characters.

sunrises & sunsets ... we are just passing through



No comments: