Sunday, December 15, 2013

Things to do on a Sunday in December

I decided to go to church early today.  I walked out of my apartment 15 minutes earlier than I usually do.  Relaxed that I didn't have to speed walk over and hope to find a seat.  When I finally got to the church, there were a lot of seats to choose from ... I also had time to read a couple of prayers from my prayer book before mass started.

And then ... I felt much better ... like my prayer was answered ... and that for this short time, I could feel that things will be OK.

Thank you God.

I didn't go to McDonalds today ... my usual Mocha Frappe was not to be today.  I just went straight home.

It took me five days ... but I finally finished the audio book !!

I listened to the last two discs today.  Now I'll probably get the "Book 2" of the series in the library.  I could do my squats / donkey kicks / lunges ... and get through several chapters.  I might actually use my iPhone while at the gym and listen to whatever book I download on Hoopla.

After finishing the audio book ... I was craving for some Starbucks .... so I went out to do a little grocery shopping ... and have a drink on my way back.  One of the baristas convinced me to get a Gingerbread Latte.  It was nice ... but not as great as the Caramel Brûlée.

When I got back home ... I remembered that I had a copy of Silver Linings Playbook.   I promised my co-worker that I'd get it back to him by Thursday, so I decided to watch it today.

It was really, really, really good.  The actors were fantastic.  And I loved the screenplay.

This was a good Sunday.



No comments: